I’ve recently added a service to knox from scratch. Really helpful
documentation included the following links:

- <http://kminder.github.io/knox/2015/11/16/adding-a-service-to-knox.html>
- <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KNOX/Proxying+a+UI+using+Knox>
-
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KNOX/2015/12/17/Adding+a+service+to+Apache+Knox>
-
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KNOX/2017/08/14/Understanding+Rewrite+Rules+for+Apache+Knox>
- user guide:
https://knox.apache.org/books/knox-0-9-0/user-guide.html#Configuration

Let us know what isn’t working and we can help. Adding a UI is difficult these
days because of javascript. Here are the rough steps:

  1.  Create a new service.xml with endpoints for the UI configured
  2.  Assign that service to the topology.xml
  3.  Redeploy the topology through knoxcli.sh redeploy --cluster
<topology-name>
  4.  Pull up UI endpoint through knox with your browser’s debug tool open so
you can see javascript errors
  5.  Rewrite routing to javascript, css, and image files in the service’s
rewrite.xml
  6.  Rewrite javascript code itself (if necessary) through complicated rewrite
rules.

Billy Watson