In general it's hard to recommend Kudu for a MySQL workload that needs more
scale, because Kudu currently doesn't have transactions.  It's hard to say
much beyond that without more specific details about the workload.  Kudu
will get great performance compared to MySQL or HBase on analytic workloads
which need real time writes, but if transactions are required there's only
so much that can be done.

- Dan