Thanks Andrew.  However if I'm understanding the low level details in that
ticket I don't think it's what I'm asking either, at least not
entirely: KUDU-1702 is for exposing point-in-time reads to Impala
DEVELOPERS, i'm hoping it can be exposed to Impala USERS via a SQL
extension, so we can leverage it from user queries/reports. -m