this is smart, we are doing the same thing but the best part that attracts
me to Kudu is replacing our main HDFS storage with Kudu to enable near RT
use cases and not to deal with HBase and a Lambda architecture mess so
reliability and scalability is a big deal for us as we are looking to move
most of our data to Kudu.