Hey Pavel,

Did you find a workaround for this? As you found it's not something we
support easily today, because each server will "remember" the old host
names of all of its replication peers within its consensus metadata, and
continue to try to talk to them after a restart. Renaming hosts would
involve writing the consensus metadata files on all of the servers with the
updated names.

We're soon facing this same issue with one of the test clusters at
Cloudera, so I'm guessing we'll have to write some kind of tool to get it
back online as well :) Would be curious to hear what approach you took.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera