Hi, I'm new to Kudu and I'm trying to understand the applicability for our purposes. So I met the following article about the kudu limitations - https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/kudu_limitations.html#concept_cws_n4n_5z. Do I understand correctly that this means that the maximum total amount of usefull compressed stored data in one kudu-table  is 8TB? Here my calcs: 1. Amount of stored data per tablet = Recommended maximum amount of stored data / Recommended maximum number of tablets per tablet server = 8 000 / 2 000 = 4 GB per tablet 2. Maximum number of tablets per table for each tablet server pre-replication = Maximum number of tablets per table for each tablet server is 60, post-replication / number of replicas = 60 / 3 = 20 tablets per table per tablet server 3. Total amount of stored data per table, pre-replication = Amount of stored data per tablet * Maximum number of tablets per table for each tablet server pre-replication *  Maximum number of tablet servers = 4 GB * 20 * 100 = 8TB And I also would like to understand how fundamental the nature of the limitation "Maximum number of tablets per table for each tablet server is 60, post-replication"? Is it possible that this restriction will be removed?
  • Limitations on to... Кравец Владимир Александрович