Hi Martin. I don't see any conflicts between that and any current or
near-term work I know of happening in Kudu. There are a couple of related
JIRAs for database support: KUDU-2063
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KUDU-2063> and KUDU-2362
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KUDU-2362>.

In fact, Impala does something similar right now. Kudu tables managed by
Impala are named like impala::database_name.table_name. It might also be a
good idea to add some kind of identifier like the initial "impala::" for
presto-managed or -created tables, since many other integrations may use a
database_name.table_name convention.

-Will