Thanks a lot for the help, Hao.

Response Inline:

You can use tablet server web UI scans dashboard (/scans) to get a better
> understanding of the ongoing/past queries. The flag 'scan_history_count' is
> used to configure the size of the buffer. From there, you can get
> information such as the applied predicates and column stats for the
> selected columns.

Thanks. I did not know about this.

Did you notice any compactions in Kudu between you issued the two queries?
> What is your ingest pattern, are you inserting data in random primary key
> order?

The table has hash partitioning on a ID column that can have 15 different
values and range partition on datetime which is split monthly. Both ID and
datetime are my primary keys. The data we ingest is in increasing order of
time (usually) but the order of IDs is random.

However, ingestion into kudu was stopped while I was performing these
queries. I did not notice any compaction either.

--
Faraz Mateen