Hi Dmitry, check Java Kudu API examples if you have not done it yet
https://github.com/apache/kudu/tree/master/examples

I remember it had a helper class that counts rows. Like Adar said, I do not
think there is a better / faster way - you just create a Kudu scanner, get
rows back and iterate over returned sets and increase the counter.

It was much faster than Impala count in my benchmarks - Kudu API is
extremely fast and easy to use.

Boris