Would be good if Kudu supported the way Impala can store and query nested
data in hdfs/parquet, so it would be (at least mostly) transparent to query
nested data in either storage engine.  We recently had a use for this
(basically storing N order item details along with each order record) but
decided against it because we know we'll be moving that table from Parquet
to Kudu soon.

--
Mauricio Aristizabal
Architect - Data Pipeline