Hi all,

We've hit a big roadblock to Kudu adoption so wanted to alert the team and
see if there's any other users in a similar situation.

Basically we're trying to update a large Kudu table based on changes in a
much smaller table, and the min-max filter in the join is pretty useless so
we end up scanning almost all of the big table, which doesn't scale and
simply won't work.

I've commented in and voted for KUDU-2483
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KUDU-2483> and IMPALA-3741
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-3741>, and there's sample SQL
and more detail in this post
<https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/How-to-maintain-a-true-aggregation-in-Kudu-ingesting-via/td-p/278625>
.

Sadly I recently filled out the Community Survey, just before encountering
this, otherwise it would have been by far my biggest request/feedback!

Thanks as always for a great product and for all the community support.

-Mauricio

--
Mauricio Aristizabal
Architect - Data Pipeline

<//go.impact.com/VD-PC-AW-Webinar-Discovering-Growth-Through-Partnerships.html>