As verified the thing worked in my sandbox.

I'm running a 2.0 binary on a 1.6 metadata. The cube has override
properties:

  "override_kylin_properties" : {
    "kylin.job.mr.config.override.test.foo" : "barbar"
  }

And the setting effectively reflects in MR job configuration in YARN web
GUI.

Still don't know why it didn't work in BioLearning's case. Suggest check
YARN GUI to verify the MR job configuration. Also this setting does not
affect Hive which is as designed.

Cheers
Yang