Hi Jon,

Are you installing Hadoop from a pre-built HDP or CDH release, or
installing these components separately by hand?

We recommend user to start from a pre-built version, there will be much
less environment issues. Or if you're using the cloud, you can start from
AWS EMR or Azure HDInsight.

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC