Hi Xiao,

The 3.x will continue to release, especially for bug fix and security
issues. For new features and enhancements, it depends. The main
consideration is the testing and release effort: now each 3.x release needs
to build and test with 4 HBase API versions; even so, many users still
encounter environment problems in the even newer Hadoop platform like CDH
6.3, CDP 7, etc. So we will slow down the 3.x release frequency, so to move
more efforts on the parquet storage. The parquet storage has much better
compatibility on different platforms.

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC