Hi Jonny,
just going to answer one of the questions since others konw more about
the rest ...

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 5:57 AM, Jonny Wray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i) Is there a remote interface to neo? My UI is swing based and will need to
> contact a server containing the neo instance remotely. I've seen the
> integration with Newton mentioned, which would provide such a remoting
> facility if I'm not mistaken, but that's another piece of technology to
> learn. Is there anything not involving newton?
Yes, NeoRemote which Tobias Ivarsson has been experimenting with and
which I believe soon will enter into the main components code
repository, right now at
https://svn.neo4j.org/laboratory/users/tobias/RemoteNeo/.
There is not much info on it but there are tests to document.
Basically, the thought is to provide a transparent implementation of
NeoService that talks RMI or other transports to a remote Neo4j
instance.

HTH

/peter