On Nov 5, 2008, at 1:46 PM, Anders Nawroth wrote:

> hello!
>
> I have looked into building Neoclipse using Maven, but at the moment
> I'm
> not convinced there are more advantages then disadvantages in this
> case.
> Building Eclipse plugins and products has quite many quirks. With
> increasing use of product configuration options, the number of build
> quirks increases as well.

Igor Federenko and Euguene Kuleshov have done some work in this area.
We use Maven to build the m2eclipse Eclipse plugin, and Igor's working
on something called Tycho which should be able to bridge the gap.

Igor told me to point you toward this demo script.   It might be a
little out of date:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Tycho+technology+demo+script#Tychotechnologydemoscript-Openquestions

For an overview of the Tycho project look here:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Tycho+project+overview

Eugene says that the best place to ask questions is this newsgroup:

I'll probably blog about this some time tomorrow, and try to put
together a quick demo/screencast.