On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 03:55, Antonello Provenzano <antone...@deveel.com> wrote:
> I've found that neo4j would be perfect for my scope: unfortunately, it
> is purely written in Java code and it's not portable to .NET, because
> of the massive differences between the two architectures.
>
> Can you tell me if is it there any language binding or any port of
> neo4j for .NET/Mono?

Hi Antonello,

There's no port and no language binding at the time. I agree with you
that porting Neo4j to .NET would probably be require a substantial
investment, although I'm certainly no expert at .NET.

As for bindings, I don't know how hard that would be. Neo4j currently
has bindings for a number of languages (Python, Jython, Ruby, Clojure)
and sometimes they've been fairly easy to roll. The conceptual
impedance between Java and C# is certainly close to zero, so maybe
adding .NET bindings is not that hard. You're certainly welcome to
give it a shot!

Another thought: Would it work if you implemented your graph algos in
Java using Neo4j, then wrapped them in a thin REST layer and used that
as a backend to the rest of your app written in .NET?

Emil Eifrém, CEO [e...@neotechnology.com]
Neo Technology, www.neotechnology.com
Cell: +46 733 462 271 | US: 206 403 8808
http://twitter.com/emileifrem