>What I want to avoid
>is keeping state on the server while waiting for the client to request the

You are quite right. However, I think for many use cases (e.g. generating a
paginated list of results on a webpage) it would not be necessary to store
state on the server.

That would be more similar to a SQL cursor, what I am talking about is
simply SQL LIMIT, OFFSET and ORDER BY.

Cheers

Al

On 8 April 2010 17:23, Tobias Ivarsson <tobias.ivars...@neotechnology.com>wrote:

> What I want to avoid
> is keeping state on the server while waiting for the client to request the

Dr Alastair James
CTO James Publishing Ltd.
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/3/914/163

www.worldreviewer.com

WINNER Travolution Awards Best Travel Information Website 2009
WINNER IRHAS Awards, Los Angeles, Best Travel Website 2008
WINNER Travolution Awards Best New Online Travel Company 2008
WINNER Travel Weekly Magellan Award 2008
WINNER Yahoo! Finds of the Year 2007

"Noli nothis permittere te terere!"