You know this is something that I think needs to be made clear... using just
the graph is not the right way to go unless you have a very special
application.

I was trying to traverse over cities/people/jobs/skills and they were taking
a while (as in 10-15 seconds).
Then I did it sqlserver... less than 1 second.  I tried running ALL users
through it.. 2 minutes vs god knows how long for doing a traversal for each
user (400k users).

Some things are better not done in the graph.  So I decided to keep that in
tables, and just move the "person relationships" to the graph (works with,
manages, knows, friends, etc).

I treat the graph like a specialized index.
Makes a lot more sense now, and I get the best of both worlds.