My two-pence regarding neoclipse -

I am working on a set of data with about one million links between
nodes. It takes quite a long time to display that in neoclipse - so I
cut down the data set to about 5000 links between 500 or so nodes, and
there are about 6/7 connected components (like discrete clusters). All
my nodes are "customers" and I used the concept of sub-reference node
to add all customers to this sub-reference node. This way, I have
about 500 additional links which I don't want to display. But the
problem is if I un-check those links, none of the customer nodes will
come up on the display!

I created the graph without the sub-reference node - the DB is
created, and I can programmatically access all nodes and traverse
through them. But if I want to display it on neoclipse, only a small
set (most likely the first connected component) gets displayed.

I don't know if this is the actual functionality or not - I just
wanted to find out if there's a way to display the graph like what I
said - without the links to the subreference node, only the discrete
clusters...

Cheers
Arijit

On 21 July 2010 01:10, Rob Challen <robchal...@point-of-care.co.uk> wrote:
> Sticking with the original thread topic of requirements for neoclipse.
> I find that if I accidentally open a view of a graph with more than
> about 500 nodes to layout then the whole lot takes a very long time to
> come back. Is there a way to either speed it up, or let the user
> interrupt the process if there are a lot of nodes to draw. I usually
> do it by accident by increasing the traversal depth too much or
> enabling the wrong relationshiptype.
>
> All the best,
> Rob.
>
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Martin Skurla <buja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Peter,
>>

>> about editing support => this is true. I firstly focused on core
>> abilities like importing and exporting including filtering abilities.
>> The fact is that another student is working on Data Laboratory, so the
>> place where it will be possible to change data. We are also thinking
>> about setting values and this must be solved, but we have to recognize
>> how Neo4j behaves, because the actual values are not stored in memory,
>> but are delegating at demand so you just cannot set the value
>> directly, because it is node/relationship id in fact. There is very
>> simple delegating mechanism behind that.
>>
>> about performance => this is the thing which will be solved at the
>> end. In fact last week I rewrite the importing and exporting, because
>> results does not return unconnected nodes. I test it with graph about
>> 3000 nodes and 8000 edges and it works quite performant. On the other
>> side export after the rewrite is brutal slow, I will have to figure
>> out why. Performance optimizations will be done at the end, because
>> there will be maybe some features that will cause to rewrite some core
>> parts as previous week. If you tried the filtering abilities too, this
>> can also cause the performance problem, because previous week it was
>> just doing the parsing for every node which is now cachced.
>>
>> about surf nodes => sorry I don't get the point. Surf nodes are all
>> nodes except leafs? If you would like to do that, this is currently
>> not possible, but can be simply added as option to API and GUI. Same
>> with start node, currently there is no way how to express the fact we
>> would like to include it or not. I just forget about the option. And
>> this will be added as checkbox in gui and in API too.
>>
>> In the case of any other questions, advices, requests, just write...
>>
>> //Martin Skurla
>>

>> 2010/7/20 Peter Neubauer <peter.neuba...@neotechnology.com>:
>>> Martin,
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Martin Skurla > I am a GSoC (Google
>>> Summer of Code) student working on adding support
>>>
>>> Great Martin. I tried out your branch last week - worked partly for a
>>> small graph. Good work! It seems there is some editing support still
>>> missing, but I will be happy to test and provide more if you can
>>> provide more background on how to use Neo4j and Gephi in a good way.

> [...]

"And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be."