To run the Dijkstra algorithm multiple times, I'm assuming it would it be
best to use a high CPU ec2 instance?

I have been checking Amazon and in US East i can run a Cluster Compute
which is a Quadruple Extra Large ec2 instance
33.5 EC2 Compute Units (2 x Intel Xeon X5570, quad-core Nehalem
architecture)
23 GB memory,
1690 GB of instance storage
64-bit platform
I/O Performance: Very High (10 Gigabit Ethernet)
API name: cc1.4xlarge

Not bad for $1.60 per hour! Would I need to run the Dijkstra algorithm in a
multi threaded app?
Any help would be great

It runs on CentOS:
Basic Cluster Instances HVM CentOS 5.4 (AMI Id: ami-7ea24a17)
Minimal CentOS 5.4, 64-bit architecture, and HVM-based virtualization for
use with Amazon EC2 Cluster Instances.

More info here:
http://www.allthingsdistributed.com/2010/07/cluster_compute_instance_amazon_ec2.html

Cheers