Oh yeah, that's right... you can control it via "to_lower_case" property in
the config. F.ex. you could do your own fulltext config like this:

    Map<String, String> caseSensitiveFulltextConfig = new HashMap<String,
String>( FULLTEXT_CONFIG );
    caseSensitiveFulltextConfig.put( "to_lower_case", "false" );

When type=fulltext (as in FULLTEXT_CONFIG map) the to_lower_case defaults to
true. All this is quite experimental, so sorry for inconveniences.