Francois,
seesm there was a number of hickups with this code snippet. Try out this:

import neo4j
from neo4j.util import Subreference

#Then re open it in other function and added some nodes and indexes
#open databse
graphdb = neo4j.GraphDatabase("database")

with graphdb.transaction:
   #create or get root indexes
   rootindex = graphdb.index("root_index", create=True)

   #Categories******************************************************************
   #get categories root nodes
   categorynode = rootindex["Categories"]
   #create or get categories root nodes
   sectornode = Subreference.Node.SECTOR_ROOT(graphdb, label="Sectors", level=1)
   try:
       ls_message = ls_message + categorynode["label"] + ", "
   except:
       categorynode = graphdb.node(label="Categories", level=2)
       rootindex["Categories"] = categorynode

graphdb.shutdown()

And you should get something like the attached image. Does that help?

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

VP Product Development, Neo Technology

GTalk:      neubauer.peter