Hi all,

My name's David Winslow and I talked to Craig Taverner a few weeks ago at
FOSS4G about Neo4j-spatial.  I work with GeoTools and GeoServer and was
interested in the demo I saw of OSM data stored and rendered from a Neo4j
database instead of one of the more traditional storage systems.  We also
talked a bit about problems with styling in GeoTools.

So, I played around with neo4j-spatial a bit last week to see what was going
wrong and styling seems to work ok with the layers I tried. What I did was
to run just the TestDynamicLayers suite and then write a small program to
load it in GeoTools and render to PNG. http://gist.github.com/614421 is the
precise code I used.

Since I didn't run into any problems actually doing the styling, I guess the
issues we discussed are a bit higher-level (performance, style composition,
that kind of thing).  Does anyone have the time to explain these problems in
a bit more detail?