Dear list,

I have been using neo4j-shell for debugging for quiet a while now but
recently have run into some problems. Always, when I'm trying to connect
to the database (using StartClient with the parameter var/tmp/neo ),
there is the following message:
--------------------------
NOTE: Local Neo4j graph database service at 'var/tmp/neo'
Welcome to the Neo4j Shell! Enter 'help' for a list of commands

neo4j-sh[readonly] (0)$ java.lang.NullPointerException: nullnull
neo4j-sh[readonly] (0)$ java.lang.NullPointerException: nullnull
neo4j-sh[readonly] (0)$ java.lang.NullPointerException: nullnull
neo4j-sh[readonly] (0)$ java.lang.NullPointerException: nullnull

the last line repeats in a loop. This message appears, when using the
1.2.M03-shell.
---------------------------
The standalone-shell throws the following exception:
Caused by:
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.IllegalStoreVersionException: Store
version [NeoStore v0.9.6]. Please make sure you are not running old
Neo4j kernel  towards a store that has been created by newer version  of
Neo4j.
---------------------------
I have tested it with a database, which operates well with the
neo4j-release 1.2 and the standalone-shell and I have tested it with a
fresh database generated from the following code:

  GraphDatabaseService neo = new EmbeddedGraphDatabase("var/tmp/neo");
  neo.shutdown();

Using 1.2.M03, the standalone-shell and the 1.2.M03-shell do not work
anymore. An update to M04 did not change anything.

It seems to me that at least since M03 something in the shell is broken
or I am missing something that since then changed in the handling of the
shell.

Any help on how to resolve this problem would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Sebastian Stober