From: user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org [mailto:user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org] On
Behalf Of Peter Neubauer
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 3:54 PM
To: Neo4j user discussions
Subject: [Neo4j] Big index solutions?

Hi folks,
I wonder if any of you has seen a fast exact index solution that works
for the batchinserter (FAST) and over big indexes (like 100M strings
of length 20characters) that don't fit in RAM.

Lucene is unable to cache such indexes and gets slow.

Does anybody have experiences with other reverse lookup solutions like
Berkeley DB, Ehcache or others? Would be great to combine them with
the batchinserter to be able to fast insert big edge-lists with
node-index-lookups into Neo4j ...

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

GTalk:      neubauer.peter