Are threads being interrupted anywhere in your application?
There is an issue in java.nio that it closes open channels if interrupted
during an operation.
This means that io-channels that are shared between multiple threads gets
closed if one of the threads using it gets interrupted.

Or does this happen with a freshly started application?
If you could send over the messages.log file that might shed some light on
what has happened to your store.

Cheers,
-tobias

Tobias Ivarsson <tobias.ivars...@neotechnology.com>