I had a second look at this, and realized that those memory mapping settings
aren't used from the batch inserter. Everything is allocated in the Java
Heap. 63G out of 64G RAM is still a bit much, but not as big of a problem as
I first thought.

This also means that there could be another problem behind the exception you
receive. There should have been a causing exception for the one you listed.
Could you please provide a full stack trace?

Cheers,
Tobias

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:42 PM, Pablo Pareja <ppar...@era7.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I keep getting this exception and don't know what the reason could be:
>
> Unable to write record[244986398] @[32583190934]
>
> org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.AbstractPersistenceWindow.writeOut(AbstractPersistenceWindow.java:112)
>
> org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.AbstractPersistenceWindow.force(AbstractPersistenceWindow.java:124)
>
> org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.PersistenceWindowPool.flushAll(PersistenceWindowPool.java:251)
>
> org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.PersistenceWindowPool.close(PersistenceWindowPool.java:224)
>
> org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.CommonAbstractStore.close(CommonAbstractStore.java:614)
>
> org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.PropertyStore.closeStorage(PropertyStore.java:101)
>
> org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.CommonAbstractStore.close(CommonAbstractStore.java:611)
> org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.NeoStore.closeStorage(NeoStore.java:115)
>
> org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.CommonAbstractStore.close(CommonAbstractStore.java:611)
>
> org.neo4j.kernel.impl.batchinsert.BatchInserterImpl.shutdown(BatchInserterImpl.java:351)
>
> I'm using a 65G RAM machine and the java process is launched with -Xmx63G
> the conf values I pass to the batch inserter are the following:
>
> neostore.nodestore.db.mapped_memory=10G
> neostore.relationshipstore.db.mapped_memory=10G
> neostore.propertystore.db.mapped_memory=10G
> neostore.propertystore.db.strings.mapped_memory=10G
> neostore.propertystore.db.arrays.mapped_memory=0M
>
> Besides, there were still 50G free space in the disk when this exception
> was
> thrown
>
> I'd really appreciate any help,
> Cheers