On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Johan Svensson <jo...@neotechnology.com> wrote:

> Massimo, you had problems with injection that created duplicates due
> to a synchronization issue. That issue has been resolved and now you
> are experiencing a slowdown during batch inserter injection?

Yep, as I said I basically had saw big slow downs during Node's
insertion using the "Big Transaction" pattern as soon as the DB grow
in size o in Node's number.

I'm trying to populate the DB with Nodes with only one String
property, an IPv4 address. This is just a test case for my typical use
case and it shows that when the process starts the first 440744 nodes
are going in at a speed of 1.05ms each Node but this speed drops to
8.75ms after having inserted 12545155 nodes.
The final DB size is: 2.9G since i tweaked the sintrg_block_size at
graphdb creation time to 60bytes instead of 120...

The box is a CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2993.02-MHz
686-class CPU) with 2G RAM of which 1.5 are dedicated to the JVM
process:
-Djava.awt.headless=true -Xms40m -Xmx1536m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC

Have you any clue? Thanks for your interest
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com