Marko, I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Is the question about finding, given a person node, the co-creators for that
person on any project? Or is it about reasoning in the abstract co-creator
graph. I was under the impression that finding co-creators was the only
thing we were interested in, in that case path-uniqueness will do the trick.

What node-path-uniqueness guarantees is that within each path the same node
occurs at most once. In a path from a creator to her co-creator that would
mean that the creator cannot be her own co-creator. If the starting person
has created both x and y, the path through x and the path through y will be
different paths, which means that the path uniqueness will allow the same
persons to be co-creator on both projects.

Path uniqueness would get you into problem if person A created person B and
person B (who was created) was also a creator of herself, then person B
would not be discovered as a co-creator. I cannot imagine a case where that
would be sensible. It is also impossible to store in Neo4j, since
self-relationships are not allowed.

You can do something like .filter("from two steps ago") by looking two steps
back in the path of what you've traversed so far in the evaluator.

I fear that if we continue further on the path where this discussion is
currently headed, it will become too theoretical to be of use to anyone.
Let's keep such discussions isolated.

Cheers,
Tobias

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Marko Rodriguez <okramma...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just to be picky:
>
> >> The easiest way to do that in this case is by adding:
> >> .uniqueness(Uniqueness.NODE_PATH)
>
> A co-creator's co-creator can be you. Thus, marko's co-creator's co-creator
> is marko (amongst other people). In this case, unique on a path would not
> fail, no? Can you do something like .filter("from two steps ago")?
>
> Thanks,
> Marko.

Tobias Ivarsson <tobias.ivars...@neotechnology.com>
Cellphone: +46 706 534857