There is a tentative new traversal API included in Neo4j that features this
functionality:

org.neo4j.kernel.Traversal.description().expand(
    org.neo4j.kernel.Traversal.expanderForAllTypes( Direction.OUTGOING ) );

You can read more about it here:
http://wiki.neo4j.org/content/Traversal_Framework

Cheers,
Tobias

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Jean-Pierre Bergamin
<jpberga...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello neo4j users
>
> I'm just diving into neo4j and playing around with graph algorithms and
> traversers.
> As a start, I just wanted to traverse the whole graph with all relationship
> types in the OUTGOING direction. The traverse() method always expects a
> RelationshipType.
> Is there a simpler way to traverse all RelationshipTypes then building up
> an
> array that contains all types and the outgoing direction (as described here
> http://sujitpal.blogspot.com/2009/06/custom-traverser-for-neo4j.html)?
>

> Thanks for the help,
> James

Tobias Ivarsson <tobias.ivars...@neotechnology.com>