I'll put some cons, but the pros are just the opposite for the other.

- Well, one con that comes to my mind regarding the use of the embedded API
that you're attached to JRuby and maybe you want/have to use plain MRI,
Rubinius or something else.

- One con that I can think on the REST API is network latency, which may
become a performance bottleneck.

I think that both configurations are simple. However I prefer using the
embedded API, just cos I really enjoy the way the embedded API is designed.

Regards

2011/5/11 Evan Haveman <evanhave...@gmail.com>

> Can someone outline the pros and cons of using Neo4J's embedded API vs its
> REST API given Ruby as the preferred language.
>
> One pro of the embedded API is I believe it is more complete than the REST
> API -- what is the REST API missing?
>
> One pro of the REST API is that my configuration is much simpler.
>
> Any others?

Adriano Almeida
Caelum | Ensino e Inovação
www.caelum.com.br