hej rene,

> Right now I would be happy about some best practices to design a software
> backend using neo4j. You know in MySQL it is kind of straight forward how to
> build software around the data base. In neo4j a new way of thinking starts.
> I haven't really looked for it yet. But i guess there won't be anything out
> there anyway.

for a web-context it its is better start the embedded graph-db only once. in
your screencast you will do this every request.

please try using a context-listener to start / shutdown the embedded db in a
clean way.
so the access-times in the gwt-servlet will really rock!

http://www.mail-archive.com/user@lists.neo4j.org/msg08350.html

cheers
/thomas