Hi,

> I like the idea of Blueprints. But I would like to have Neo4J running
> in server mode, and hence would be interested in a Blueprints
> implementation that wraps the REST API rather than the internal one.
> Has anyone been thinking about implementing that?

Thats ultimately what Rexster is. Its the RESTful graph shell for
Blueprints-enabled graphs.

> Any reason why one shouldn't want to use that in the first place?

Well, if you are going down the Neo4j Server route, then best to use Neo4j
Server in its native form. Or, is your use case that you would like to have
Neo4j Server with the ability to have other Blueprints implementations being
backed by it? (e.g. OrientDB, Sail, TinkerGraph, Dex) ?

> I looked at Rexster as well, but besides that fact that that didn't
> work out of the box for me (method not allowed methods, haven't looked
> into it very deeply), but as that uses Neo4J's files directly, it
> looks like it wouldn't be possible to use both that and Neo4J server.

Hm. If you want to try Rexster, post your problem to Gremlin-users --- it
should just work "out of the box."
        http://groups.google.com/group/gremlin-users

I don't quite understand fully your use case so its hard to advise.

Thanks,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com