Hi Max,

there are two distinct problems here

One is that there is no IP access control that can be configured
through Neo4j. Setting the
listen URIs to a specific address in the configuration does not bind
the server there exclusively. This
behavior has to be imposed with external means, such as a firewall.

The other is a benign bug that has to do with logging the listen
address - currently it uses always the
java.net.InetAddress methods to find the hostname, ignoring the
configuration and leading to the
behavior you describe, since the JVM does not prefer the localhost
interface. This will be of course
addressed in subsequent SNAPSHOTs and milestone releases but it will
remain the default behavior.

Hope that clarifies things.

cheers,
CG