}Yes, but you have to add an intermediate node and then graph becomes
to be like the 4th normal form in SQL. An artifact to adapt real life
scenarios to pure and simple technologies. Again an impedance mismatch
between real life and implementing technology.
 Aniceto
 On Fri 17/06/11  8:19 PM , Niels Hoogeveen pd_aficion...@hotmail.com
sent:
 You can create a node type "community-role" with two outgoing
relations "in_community" and "with_role", which respectively point to
a "community" and to a "role". The "user node" can then have a
relationship "has_community-role" pointing to a "community-role" node.
 Every hypergraph structure can in principle be modeled in a property
graph by introducing an intermediate node. > Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011
18:52:55 +0200
 > From: ape...@innovasoftps.com [1]
 > To: user@lists.neo4j.org [2]
 > Subject: Re: [Neo4j] Node and Relationships as properties
 >
 > Peter
 >
 > This could be a use case:
 >
 > Let's have "users", "roles", "permissions" and "communities".
 >
 > Each role is defined as a permissions set. Users have assigned a
list of
 > roles for every community they belong to.
 >
 > If roles could be assigned this way   (user)--
 > (has_role)[community_neo4j] --> (role)
 >
 > we can manage separately each user, permissions in role and
community.
 > we don't need to have a set of roles for each community. The
communities
 > won't be erased if role assignments are enacted. And mainly they
could
 > be used in  custom traversers and patterns.
 >
 > I agree we are not used to see these kind of handwritten graphs,
but how
 > can you draw a clean graph and use it in neo4j with referential
 > integrity without the ability of having a node as property value?
 >
 > Regards
 > Aniceto
 >
 > > Aniceto,
 > > introducing real Node and Relationship links as fields on Nodes
and
 > > relationships would essentially blur the distinction between
Nodes,
 > > Properties and Relationships, and let you treat the graph as a
 > > Hypergraph. We find that model too abstract and hard to deal
with the
 > > edge cases of these structures in real world scenarios.
 > >
 > > Instead, would it be possible for you to store NodeIDs in
properties
 > > instead, or serialise Node[] into byte arrays as properties? I
don't
 > > recommend it since it duplicates and unlinks information in the
graph
 > > that has to be maintained by triggers and updates, but that
would be
 > > one possibility. What is the concrete usecase that drives you to
these
 > > constructs?
 > >
 > > Cheers,
 > >
 > > /peter neubauer