When running a test neo4j application on Solaris that I have previously run
successfully on Windows I'm encountering the following exception:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Resource temporarily unavailable
        at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.map0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.map(FileChannelImpl.java:747)
        at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.MappedPersistenceWindow.<init>(MappedPersistenceWindow.java:53)

Indeed this in  turn is causing a huge knock-on effect but I've not included
that stack trace for clarity.  The program appears to attempt to continue,
albeit at a snails pace.

I'm running using the latest 1.4 milestone release, with a maximum heap of 2G,
and defaulting all other store parameters.

Any suggestions as to what is happening would be most welcome.