Hi there,
That again is OSGi playing against Java Service Loader. Look at the neo4j /
osgi / bundle project to build a working superbundle with the default
community jars and report back!

/peter

Sent from my phone.
On Jul 20, 2011 7:02 PM, "cyuczi eekc" <cyuczie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I've been trying to fix this error, and I've kind of succeeded.
> My context is, that I've pulled neo4j sources from github and using
> them in eclipse (without maven and such), and I have the
> neo4j-community sources as a project, and I am including this project
> in any of my projects that require neo4j, instead of using the neo4j
> precompiled jars
>
> So far so good, except I get that error. And my current workaround is:
> unzip the file: META-INF\services\org.neo4j.graphdb.index.IndexProvider
> from this jar: neo4j-lucene-index-1.4.jar
> preserving the path into the neo4j-community project's "bin" folder
> so it looks like:

...\workspace\neo4j-community\bin\META-INF\services\org.neo4j.graphdb.index.IndexProvider
> and the content for this file (for informational reasons):
> "
> org.neo4j.index.lucene.LuceneIndexProvider
> " (without quotes)
>
> So this works, ie. in another project I include this neo4j-community
> project and run something that uses lucene index (ie.
> org.neo4j.examples.CalculateShortestPath) and I don't get that error
> anymore, simply works.
>
> My question is, what is a better way to fix this error ? perhaps by
> using java code instead ?
> Or I don't know, why doesn't it use a default? Can I specify it from code?
> Assume that I don't know much, and I've only discovered neo4j this
> week, but I am into it and I want to build some things on top of it.
>
> this is the line that is causing the error (when I don't fix it as I
> said above):
> indexService = graphDb.index().forNodes( "nodes" );
>
> and this is the full stacktrace for the error:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No
> index provider 'lucene' found
> at
org.neo4j.kernel.IndexManagerImpl.getIndexProvider(IndexManagerImpl.java:76)
> at
org.neo4j.kernel.IndexManagerImpl.findIndexConfig(IndexManagerImpl.java:116)
> at
org.neo4j.kernel.IndexManagerImpl.getOrCreateIndexConfig(IndexManagerImpl.java:178)
> at
org.neo4j.kernel.IndexManagerImpl.getOrCreateNodeIndex(IndexManagerImpl.java:267)
> at org.neo4j.kernel.IndexManagerImpl.forNodes(IndexManagerImpl.java:255)
> at org.neo4j.kernel.IndexManagerImpl.forNodes(IndexManagerImpl.java:249)
> at
org.neo4j.examples.CalculateShortestPath.main(CalculateShortestPath.java:43)