My understanding of the J2EE standard is that you should *not* do file I/O
from inside a bean (my assumption is to avoid issues if you run in a
clustered environment).  If I access Neo4j directly from a bean, wouldn't I
be violating that?

I am not currently clustered, and my app is small enough I may not need to -
so I am considering violating that standard (because neo4j rocks).  However,
if you provided JCA or other mechanisms so that we could access Neo4j just
like any other J2EE data source, that would make my life simpler.

Barring that, I either need to violate the standard, write my own JCA, or
borrow the JCA developed by one of your other users.

So lets assume I go ahead and access Neo4j from inside my session bean.  Do
you have any Neo4j sanctioned write-up on integrating with a session bean
(or even with a servlet), covering where to connect to the db, where to
close the connection, how to integrate with XA transaction, etc?  I've seen
a couple of threads on these things, but would be more comfortable if Neo4j
had their own cookbook on the subject.

Thanks