That's a perfect use case for a super trivial Lucene index, no?  Would seem to
be a much easier solution with much faster lookup...and built into Neo4J.

From: user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org [user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org] On Behalf Of
Niels Hoogeveen [pd_aficion...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 8:21 AM
To: user@lists.neo4j.org
Subject: [Neo4j] Number of properties on a PropertyContainer

Last night while working on some enhancements on the Neo4J API, I set up a
method to lookup the name of a relationship, to facilitate the creation of
associated nodes.
The method I use, is to create a node (which can be found through the reference
node) and on this node create a property for each relationship name. The value
of the property is the node id of the associated node.
My question is if this scales properly. It is unlikely any Neo4J store will
contain millions of relationship types, but it is conceivable that there may be
over ten thousand relationship types in a store. Will this solution still work
under such conditions, or is it better to create a relationship for each
relationship type and store the node id of the associated node in the relation.
Niels