Jörg,
Will try to check it out tomorrow. Now sleep. Thanks for the test!

/peter

Sent from my phone.
On Jul 23, 2011 1:10 AM, "Jörg Richter" <j...@deepamehta.de> wrote:

> I'm seriously trying the superbundle approach and can't get rid of "No
index provider 'lucene' found".

> The tests at https://github.com/neo4j/neo4j-osgi run successful but I have
serious problems to transfer them to my application (I'm using Felix 3.2.1
on a Mac).

> Just to check my understanding: the "No index provider 'lucene' found"
problem is with fine granular bundling, OSGi classloaders, and Java's
service loader. One way to solve it is the superbundle approach: putting the
user application's activator and all required neo and lucene bundles/libs
into a single bundle. Correct?

> So I took neo4j-osgi/bundle/pom.xml as an template for my application's
pom, especially its bundle plugin configuration:

<Import-Package>!javax.transaction.*,!com.sun.*,!sun.misc.*,!org.junit.*,!junit.*,*;</Import-Package>
> <Export-Package>org.neo4j.*;version="1.4",*</Export-Package>
> <Embed-Dependency>*;scope=compile|runtime</Embed-Dependency>
> <Embed-Transitive>true</Embed-Transitive>
>
> and added my application's activator:
>
> <Bundle-Activator> de.deepamehta.neo4j.Activator</Bundle-Activator>
>
> The activator's start() method is fairly simple:
>
> public void start(BundleContext context) {
> GraphDatabaseService neo4j = new EmbeddedGraphDatabase("test-db");
> Index<Node> index = neo4j.index().forNodes("exact");
> }
>
> But it throws: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No index provider
'lucene' found

> The bundle list looks fine (#1 is the super bundle):
>
> ID|State |Level|Name
> 0|Active | 0|System Bundle (3.2.1)
> 1|Resolved | 5|Neo4j OSGi Test (0.1.0)
> 2|Active | 1|Apache Felix Gogo Command (0.8.0)
> 3|Active | 1|Apache Felix Gogo Runtime (0.8.0)
> 4|Active | 1|Apache Felix Gogo Shell (0.8.0)
>
> To let you reproduce this I packed a minimal test project here:
> https://github.com/jri/neo4j-osgi-test
>
> Run it:
> git clone git://github.com/jri/neo4j-osgi-test.git
> cd neo4j-osgi-test
> mvn clean install pax:run
>
> This uses pax runner to provision the super bundle in a Felix runtime.
> Deploying the super bundle manually in Felix makes no difference.
>
> Using the latest Maven bundle plugin (2.3.5 instead of 1.4) makes no
difference (after tweaking the pom a little) and also getting rid of the
bundle plugin's warnings (again by tweaking the pom) makes no difference.