I'm creating a social network. I would like to use Neo4J to represent the
relationships between people (FOLLOWS, WENT_TO, LIKES) and other objects I
have in my network. I already started storing the users (and other objects)
in PostgreSQL tables.

Is it reasonable to use PostgreSQL to store the objects while using Neo4J to
store the relationships between these objects? I would use ids as vertex
properties and would fetch the data for each object from PostgreSQL.

One problem I see with this approach is that if I want to traverse the graph
and use the data of the objects I would have to duplicate the data and add
more properties to the vertexes.

But I also think that minimizing the use of Neo4J would make it easier for
the other developers of the team that are used to relational databases.

Do you see more problems on this approach? Does it make thinks much more
complicated?

Thanks!
Felipe