This thread is very interesting for me because I have similar scenario. I’m
using neo4j in embedded mode in web application. Web application doesn’t
have an application session – it’s stateless (no way to store pointers to
iterators). And I need to find nodes and make paging for results (too many
results). I can’t make some more specific search pattern to find less
result, I really need all these results but I need them in pages.
If I understand correctly I can use *PagingIterator class* by this way: I’ll
seed to page N (method page(int newPage)) and iterate thru iterator for this
page (iterator returned by method newPage).
*Question 1:* I can use PagingIterator for traditional paging system: give
me results for page N with no impact on performance because results for not
used pages are not cached – correct?
*Question 2: *There is only one impact on performance that I’m searching in
index for every page – correct?
*Question 3: *What about default sorting of search result? Result for every
search request will be returned in the same order? I don’t want to use any
sorting rule. I afraid that second query will return result in different
order and ma paging system will be incorrect. Yes I know I can test this but
I need to be sure if this will work every time not only for my few tests. My
question is how this result is sorted by default.