Michael Hunger wrote:

> Probably we have to add this unique property behavior to the auto-indexing
> framework.
>
> Right now we have no means to mark properties as unique.
>
> So whenever you take a different node and set one of its "unique"
> properties to a value already contained in an unique index it should fail
> on commit, this is the point where the auto-indexing would come into play.
>
> There should probably also be a different index type (besides the "exact"
> and "fulltext" types that handles unique values and for instance fails at
> duplicate key insertion.
>
> We would have to provide the low-level methods for the obtain* operations
> which you could use in the embedded graphdb mode. All other operations
> should be protected either by auto-indexing storing the values in the
> unique index.

Hi Michael -

Yeah, that's sounds right, Then you could use the unique index methods to do
things like build a "create or update" endpoint or a "create or update
batch" endpoint that would allow you to efficiently load a user's social
graph.

I added a ticket here...

http://neo4jdb.lighthouseapp.com/projects/77609-neo4j-community/tickets/12-add-unique-property-behavior-to-the-auto-indexing-framework

Thanks.