Hi,

> - Data transfer bottleneck. Returning a large set of nodes/relationships
> from a Gremlin query with Json might result in excesive result size. We
> transfer from hundreds to 100.000 entities. In our case, we only need to
> obtain a single property value (or just a few properties) for each
> node/relationship. Is it possible to control/limit data in exported node
> representation? We guess this would solve the problem.

Why return nodes/relationships if you only want a single property:

        g.v(1).out.in.myProperty

> - Server-side calculations. We find Gremlin very useful to perform simple
> calculations on server side. However, we were not able to return Map result
> generated by Gremlin's groupCount () call on entity property. The script
> traverses multiple relationships and builds { propertyName, counter }
> histogram. This works fine in Gremlin console, but how to export this result
> back via REST API. We tried tables, but this option seems to be limited only
> to nodes/relationships. Any options?

I don't know enough about the REST API and Gremlin, but have you tried:

m = [:]
g.v(1).my.groupCount(m).based.traversal >> -1

where you need the 'm' at the end to return the map.

Or are you saying that m can't be converted correctly to something Neo4j
managed extensions can understand and JSONify for you?

See ya,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com