Hi Axel,

I've read the syntax, which is why I was surprised. There are wildcard
options in the syntax, e.g.: test* and test? and even te*st.
So I would expect that [director*] should return director and directory.
[director], if I understand the syntax correctly, should return just
director.
But actually, it also returns director and directory in my code.
This means that [director] is equivalent to [director*], which I find a bit
strange.

In your example - the query ["director"] also returns both director and
directory.
The only thing that works is [+director].

Thing is, I don't want to force my users to remember advanced syntax and
append a + to each word. And I also don't want to start parsing queries.
I imagine that the syntax in the Lucene documentation should work (i.e.,
[director] *should not* be equivalent to [director*]. It's either a bug
somewhere, or I'm not configuring/using something correctly.
Anyone has an idea?

Thanks again,

--- Yaniv