> I'm not sure I follow. What's "one-shot" deployment? Deploying server is
pretty trivial with modern automation tools.

Am I really being that hyperbolic?  The deployment tools we have are superb
and simple to use.  I just don't _want_ to do any prep work outside my
project folder in order to test my code.  The embedded db made me think it's
possible (first time I'd ever dealt with one).  (=

^That's the ideal.  I don't mean to imply that I've been able to do that in
any project, ever, and I don't want to go down the extraordinarily banal
road of admitting a vm or interpreter screws up the whole concept.

> There have been some micro benchmarks on this list (Josh and Jake for
> example)

I couldn't locate Jake's.  Do you have a link?  Thanks.