From: user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org [mailto:user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org] On
Behalf Of Tero Paananen
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 12:16 PM
To: user@lists.neo4j.org
Subject: [Neo4j] SDN w/ write and readonly Graph Database Service?

I'm using SDN to build a graph db I'm expecting to have
quite a heavy volume of write and read activity at peak
times. We're not ready to start using HA at this point.

I was wondering, if using Neo4J using two instances of
the Graph Database Service, one EmbeddedGraphDatabase
(writes), and one  or more EmbeddedReadOnlyGraphDatabase (reads) would make any
difference?

Are there any benefits for splitting the db access
that way? Or would accessing the db through the
writable instance for all operations be pretty
much the same?

-TPP