On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Peter Neubauer <
peter.neuba...@neotechnology.com> wrote:

> Nope,
> I mean a server side script execution (which we already are doing in
> http://docs.neo4j.org/chunked/snapshot/rest-api-traverse.html) to
> execute traversal API code on the server. Neo4js is a client driver.

Remember that adding yet another way to talk to the server comes at a cost
of confusion and spreading engineering focus thin.

I don't think we should do this unless there is a good answer to the
question:

*Is there anything* *that this solves that is not solved by Cypher or
Gremlin, and if so, why don't we expand Cypher or Gremlin to incorporate
that use case instead?

*Collecting our efforts in fewer buckets means that improvements will
benefit everyone, not just the group that uses the Groovy endpoint, or the
Traversal API, or the JS endpoint and so on.

Jacob Hansson
Phone: +46 (0) 763503395
Twitter: @jakewins