Hi Mike,

> In order to use Neo4J at all I must:
>
> install 'GIT'
> git https://github.com/jimwebber/neo4j-tutorial.git (40 mB)
> go through the tutorial

No, I was just offering a pointer to a useful resource to get you going. In
order to use Neo4j you must download it and configure it in your preferred Java
toolchain - the tutorial simply shortcuts that.

If you're not keen on grabbing it from Github, then we keep a precompiled
version of the tutorial here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2530082/koan.tar.gz

The tutorial will get you going with "Hello World" and beyond very quickly.
It's set up so that it has all the latest jars and so on, so it's ready to go.

Otherwise you can download the database from neo4j.org:

http://neo4j.org/download/

And you can follow the Hello World docs here:

http://docs.neo4j.org/chunked/stable/tutorials-java-embedded-hello-world.html

All the best with your hacking,

Jim